11 Oct 2017 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees: Henry Marshall, Alex White, Kim Burton, Demure
  • Meeting starts at: 19:08
  • Meeting ends at: 20:15 + 30 minutes of brainstorming for fundraising

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

Kim is interested in running for the board.


Minutes Approval

Governance - Collective Ownership

- Election announcement is overdue. Alex will contact Nate to ensure the email goes out by Friday.

- Election is scheduled for November 16th

- Transition meeting tentatively scheduled for November 18th.

Education/Events - Henry Marshall

- Tyler ran a 3d printing course last month.

- Henry will schedule a CNC course this month.

- Henry will run a laser cutter class on October 22nd.


Finances/Membership - Alex White

- We haven't been paying utilities for the other rooms all year. We are making up this difference over the next 3 months. This is an extra ~$700 per month. The amount billed will be an estimate, so there may be further reconciliation in January. Starting in January our increase should fall to ~$200 over historical levels.

- Rent is rising from $1952 to $2010 per month effective this month.

- We need to add $250/month to stay solvent.

- ~$2000 in the bank

- Assuming we draw from these funds to pay the $700 per month, and then $200 per month, we will run out of money in March.

- He have taken over paying the meetup fees.

- Having not heard back from Lauren for 1 month, we must assume she is no longer our accountant.

- Alex will contact go pass members do cancel or pay for continuing membership.

- Alex will add another few people to the mailing list when people sign up as a new member.

Fundraising - Nate Yost

  1. Halloween Fundraiser

- Board members to field questions

- Would like to get volunteers together for a cleaning party on October 19th.

- Help at the event would also be helpful.

- Members need to be notified that the space will be unavailable.

- Create blog post for event.

- Fliers have been put up around town by Kim and Henry (created by Madeline)

- Posted on mLive.

- Everybody needs to pitch in!

- Henry will put a blog post on the homepage that points to the meetup.

Marketing/Outreach

- Henry will get the social media keys for Kim

Google Adwords

- Alex will add "Halloween crafts" & "coworking desk"

Marketing Email Updates

Nothing new.

Operations/Volunteers - Brian Morse

- Henry will contact Brian about updates to this.

- Henry will get copies of the new forms.

- Demure will update the wiki to make these easy to find.

- Craig will print out new copies.

Updates re:

- Bill is now covering Thursday evening.

- Brian is still on Saturdays.

- Craig is a new member/volunteer on Saturdays.

- Kale and Augustine on Friday.

- We need more fliers. Brian mentioned this to Kale, who wanted to coordinate; has not heard back yet.

Storage policy

Brian and Larry developed an AHA floor plan of where common items can be stored, and where people cannot store their personal stuff (barring a parking permit).

Some permits have been expired as of last month, should be re-evaluated. Looks like there are no current ones left, so action needs to be taken.

- Feedback on the parking permits this month is minimal.

Clean Table & Trash

Trash compactor location, quirks (close door before typing code), code need to be documented. Nate will do it.

Volunteer

Equipment

- Fire extinguishers are out of date. Larry says they can be recertified at Spears. Brian will take care of this. Still in progress.

- We are out of button making supplies. We need 2 1/4" shells. Nate will pick some up.

- How do we network the new printer? Nate will take a look. Info is on the wiki, Tyler might have already made a static IP.

- Henry spoke with Tinker about Greg getting us wider shelving unit for the acrylic and various hardware drawers.

Brian will again re-re-re-inquire about the exterior door access with the landlord.

Brian said he wanted to recharge the extinguishers, but needed more info. Nate mentioned that bringing them into the business usually works best.

Cabinets mostly installed.

Pick and Place idle. Can we incentivize people to help finish this project? Free membership for a month?

Talk to landlord, have them call someone on the Board before unlocking the door for "someone" who asks.

In progress

- Tyler was possibly going to work on the LDAP June 25th. Has this happened? Wound up cleaning instead. Nate will try and schedule sometime soon.

To Do

All

- Has there been a backups on all machines to NAS? Nate wants to know more about this, possible document on the Wiki.

- [Has Bill Putt wired the] second patch panel to rack.

- Tyler has boxes, conduit, caps, wall hangers, and cables to expand the network, but needs help. Any volunteers? This should be shared with the larger membership.


Annex

Classroom

  • Mount projector.

Signage

> Nate wanted to mount a display [on the pole outside the space], how can we make this happen? Raspberry Pi (we have one), monitor (Henry has one), monitor mount (Larry has one), HDMI to DVI cable. Henry M. will email Larry about it.