Minutes:08 MAY 2019 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:08, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 08 MAY 2019 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:08 MAY 2019 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

- Meeting attendees: Mike, Nate, James, Dave

- Meeting started at: 19:10

- Meeting ended at: 19:40

Board Meeting Protocol

  • Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.
  • Officer Reports - as needed
  • Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. If the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

Governance - Nate

  • Upcoming (late) Election - will be held on the 6th.
  • A minor rule change will be proposed on the list for discussion
  • We're going to look at other organizations to see how they handle elections

Finance - Mike

  • We're still considering a tax extension.
  • Alerts are fixed.
  • January, February, March, April financials will be posted

Prior Updates

  • James Status on expense policy: delayed.
  • James Status on class cost policy: delayed.

Fundraising - Laria

(as VP, Laria is filling in for Sarah in the interim)

Officer Status Reports

  • President (Nate) -
  • Vice President (Laria) -
  • Secretary (James) -
  • Treasurer (Mike) -
  • Shop Manager (Laria) -
  • Sysop (Nate) -

Ad Hoc Committees

Safety Committee

Camera Committee

  • Delayed until further notice.

Real-time Communication Investigative Committee

  • Nate/James status - still delayed, James will decide on chat product (Olark maybe?) and Nate will install.

Previous Action Items

  • James status of updates to harassment policy regarding hate speech: delayed.
  • James status of card creation process: delayed.
  • James put the nest renewal date in the calendar: delayed.
  • James Send out links to the harassment policy: Nate did this.
  • Mike Can we decorate/paint the pillar outside of our suite if we return it to neutral - ask oxford: delayed
  • James Calculate the cost of the annex to the space: delayed.
  • James figure out which membership forms are missing: waiting on Mike to create a current list of members: delayed.

General Agenda Items

  • AACME - May 19th - volunteers needed
  • Tech Trek - June 7th - volunteers needed
    • We'll want to clean the space (going to schedule 2-3 cleaning days)
    • We'll want fliers
    • We'll want water available
    • Make sure the loud noise room is shut down, and Nostrum room is off limits for tour
    • Make sure the counter person knows that anyone can come in - they don't need a wrist band
  • Tech and Art show - June 21st - Ann Arbor art center, we will commit to this
  • Mike We need a restroom key - contact Oxford
  • Craig/Marshall showed up at the meeting claiming a civil standby order and trying the door. Nate called the police and Craig promptly left.

Action Items

See above.