Minutes:09 Aug 2017 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:14, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 09 Aug 2017 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:09 Aug 2017 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees: Kim, Nate Y., Brian M., Alex W., Henry M., Alec M., Mike Z., Donnie J.
  • Meeting starts at: 19:04
  • Meeting ends at: 20:55

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

Mike Z. feels the TED filming was "a disaster". Says it was not discussed adequately with the membership, despite it shutting down the space for use by most members.

Alec M. is concerned about safety issues with biological specimens brought into the space, would like better heads up about this in the future.

A good idea would be to communicate to the membership detailed plans of possible disruptive events, far ahead of time.

Mike Z. has some ideas, will draft a document. References Noisebridge's method of discussing such events, getting some kind of consensus on them from the members.

Minutes Approval

  • Jun 2017 Board Minutes: Approved

Nate was a dummy and skipped this before Alex left. Will circle back next month.

Governance - Collective Ownership

- Nate volunteered to add a contact directory to the website. Nate will add this in the next couple weeks. -- Didn't happen, sorry!

Education/Events - Henry Marshall

Henry will be contacting people in the next few week to run recurring events.

Classes Taught in the last month:

Jaycees soldering event with well, at least five showed up.

Finances/Membership - Alex White

Badges money deposited!

We lost one reduced member.

We had one full member moved to reduced.

TCF does not seem able to make a "general" credit card for AHA; we will need to go through the full process, add future Directors to the account.

- Zach Steindler is still paying our meetup membership. We should take this payment over. Henry is in the process of moving it to his account temporarily, then will work with Alex to set it up to use AHA's bank account.

Fundraising - Nate Yost

- No word on any grants this month.

- Rotary is interested in giving us a grant as part of a2-awesome. Larry said this?

- Duo could offer space or food for specific events according to Kim.

- Kim suggests getting booths for various events, Art Fair being one.

Marketing/Outreach - Sarah Lynn

Not much to add here.

Google Adwords

Have any been added? Nope.

Marketing Email Updates

Nothing new.

Operations/Volunteers - Brian Morse

Alec will be taking over on Thursday until September, since we lost our two volunteers.

Alex will add people to the mailing list when people sign up as a new member. All new members should fill out the online form. Henry will email Alex about inputting existing members who never signed up online (didn't do this, but will do it now).

Storage policy

- Efficacy of "Lost & Found" and "Fair Game" boxes Going smoothly. Kim volunteers to go through the bin for inventory. She will send emails when things will be gotten rid of the next week.

- After discussion, Brian wrote up a Parking Permit system. Feedback?

Mixed reactions, as expected. We are going to continue with the policy, and improve it along the way.

Clean Table & Trash

Nate will create "taking out the garbage" instructions and attach them to all the bins.

Volunteer

- Kim and Henry will schedule a sorting party for the electronics.

This is done due to the excellent work of everyone listed here. Will re-scope the sorting party to an inventory party!

Equipment

- Fire extinguishers are out of date. Larry says they can be recertified at Spears. Brian will take care of this. Still in progress.

- We are out of button making supplies. We need 2 1/4" shells. Nate will pick some up.

- How do we network the new printer? Nate will take a look.

- When can the new cabinets be installed? Henry will measure the cabinets. Brian will think about where they will live.

- Henry volunteered to move the acrylic to the shelving unit outside the craft room last month. He still needs to speak with Tinker about this.

- Larry donated a portable music stand. The member who needed more space was very appreciative.

- Working on the Pick & Place is more difficult when all the BYB interns are here. Henry's interest in a build party is increased. Can we pick a day? We are putting this on hold until at least August. We will move it into the coworking space when the cabinets are out.

- Does anyone want to own the snack program? If Brian has a credit card he will be the owner. No credit card yet.

- Brian is planning on mounting the TV on a wall mount. He and Larry will work on it Sunday. Done!

- Brian will re-contact the landlord about adding an electric lock to the outside door. No word from the landlord even after a few attempts. Door is not locked, so this is effectively not an issue anymore. Much of the work has been completed already, though, if they decide to start locking.

In progress

- Tyler was possibly going to work on the LDAP June 25th. Has this happened? Wound up cleaning instead. Nate will try and schedule sometime soon.

To Do

All

- Has there been a backups on all machines to NAS?

- [Has Bill Putt wired the] second patch panel to rack.

- Tyler has boxes, conduit, caps, wall hangers, and cables to expand the network, but needs help. Any volunteers? This should be shared with the larger membership.


Annex

Classroom

  • Mount projector.

Signage

> Nate wanted to mount a display [on the pole outside the space], how can we make this happen? Raspberry Pi (we have one), monitor (Henry has one), monitor mount (Larry has one), HDMI to DVI cable. The door takes priority. This could have priority again since the door is on hold again.