Minutes:10 Jan 2018 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 14:06, 11 January 2018 by Nova1313 (talk | contribs) (→‎All)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees: Mike Z., Demure, Madeline W., Kim B., Mike G., Brian M., Nate Y., Henry B.
  • Meeting starts at: 1906
  • Meeting ends at: 2145

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

- Mike thinks it would be neat to run space more horizontally. Would like the Board to reach out to other members more to do things the Board needs help with. Everyone agrees! Reaching out to members is troublesome since there is no definite way that works 100% of the time -- the Member List is the closest we have. One way we hope to get more member involvement is via Kim's suggestions to have member meetups.

- Madeline suggests a fundraiser a "dine and donate" method of fundraising. You set up an agreement with restaurants ahead of time to donate a certain amount of proceeds for people who mention they are there for your org. One idea is to make a raffle with a tool/gift card from a hardware store in the area, then ask people to write down a preferred time of the day/place they would enjoy doing such a dine and donate.


Minutes Approval

We all approve last two months minutes.


Governance - Nate

Education/Events - Kim

- Kim is planning a quarterly potluck, tentatively for mid-February. The idea is to encourage more folks to be social here -- bring food, then Directors will do a presentation on finances, money in/out, etc.; upcoming events, volunteer status and what needs to be done. Remind members to be more active, and also member(s) of the quarter awards/appreciation!

- Feb. 10th the art studio next door will be having an event in our classroom.

- Jan. 20th we will have an ROTC group here to do some volunteer work.

- Kim is working with Tandy Leather to host a class in the next few months

- Also a knitting class possibly happening in the next few months

- Kim would like to create a long-term calendar for AHA -- here is a fire under the butt. Penguicon!

- Dan is doing a HAM radio class in January

- demure and Kim are starting to plan how a chainmail class would work.

- Henry reached out to BYB about a BBBS workshop with their kits, they would be willing to lend us kits

- Mike G. points out that he thinks there should be more casual social gatherings (Nate agrees!) either at AHA, or off-site.

Finances - Brian

- Brian passes out a printout of the current financial situation. There are a couple of questions about where the money is going, e.g. why is rent a lot higher this month. We do have a solid base of what to expect for utilities until next year from the landlord.

- Need to get a more detailed breakdown of the rent payment for December, because it's jumped a lot last month.

- DTE is set up to autopay

- ACD set up an autopay account for us

- Brian is still working with Xero to regain access to our old data.

Membership/Volunteers - demure

- ROTC group possibly coming in this month

- Four volunteers currently

- Shifts are all still filled

Fundraising - Kim(+Others?)

- Jan will have discussions happen.

- Has done investigatory leg work

 - There are tons of makery stuff to work we could be involved with.
 - Festifools is one option!

- Super long term calander will be worked on!


Marketing/Outreach

- (moved to Jan) Kim will contact the University about whether any marketing people would want to have an internship for the space.


Operations - Nate

- Door still needs work, Nate was ill on the holiday so it didn't get done.

- Contact Nick R about 3d printer bed glass

- Fire Extinguishers


Equipment

- Fire extinguishers are out of date. Larry says they can be recertified at Spears. Brian will take care of this. Still in progress.

- Henry and Brian will put up the last cabinet in the coworking space.

- Brian will contact the landlord to make sure they only open the space for board members in the future. He will send this email after the new board is in place to minimize noise.


Done

- Tyler was possibly going to work on the LDAP June 25th, 2017. This is done! Thanks to the storm that forced us to get a new NAS and re-install everything? You can change passwords again by visiting http://hub.allhandsactive.org:5000/

To Do

All

- Has there been a backups on all machines to NAS? Nate wants to know more about this. Tyler does this manually after a significant update to a machine with clonezilla. Because it's manual it's often better just to restore them from fresh install because the backups are so far behind in updates. I want to automate this but my priority was getting the laser computer switched over and locked down. That hasn't happened because my understanding is that our spare machine was used and we don't have a current matching machine to replace it.

- Tyler has the new patch panel at his house. Bill Putt has not wired it up yet. The current rack needs wire management work to make it all fit. We're going to be using the entire rack if we put that in.

- Tyler has boxes, conduit, caps, wall hangers, and cable to expand the network, but needs help. Any volunteers? This should be shared with the larger membership. Tyler says he did 2-3 times and each time we scheduled a work night he was the only person to show up, so he gave up on it. Seems like extra work now that the new wifi solution is working for most people. This was needed to support the network login and profile backup for AHA imaged and locked down machines. That doesn't seem needed in the classroom anymore at the moment. Demure and Nate stated they had availability to help during the break but Tyler was unavailable.

Annex

Classroom

  • Mount projector.

Signage

> Nate wanted to mount a display [on the pole outside the space], how can we make this happen? Raspberry Pi (we have one), monitor (Henry has one), monitor mount (Larry has one), HDMI to DVI cable. Henry M. will email Larry about it. Something about a 21 inch brackets.