Minutes:10 OCT 2018 Board Meeting Agenda
- Meeting attendees: Nate Y., Kim B., Brian M., Demure (note taker), jame K., Craig, Cory T., Dustin, Luria, Viron,
- Meeting started at 1917
- Meeting ended at
Board Meeting Protocol
* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.
* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.
(15m) Open For All
- All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.
- Kim thanks the incoming board.
- james: in another day or two the upgraded wiki will be up.
- cory: do we have a hand out to talk about the space.
Governance - Nate
- Elections are coming up: we have five candidates.
- Backdoor Maglock:
Education/Events - Kim
- some awesome classes being run, kim wants to make sure people have meetups access
- thank you dan for your classes
- demure showed most of on coming board how to make cards last friday.
- We still need teachers!
- Wanhao 3D printer is back in action, Replicator also seems to be working. Nate needs to do a short video on how to run it.
- Class costs: to be posted to bulleting board
- Laser cutter is still unavailable for class usage until the lens/tube are repaired. General membership may use for projects.
- Dan interested in teaching some courses: arduino, ham radio
- Kim suggests we post wiki "we need this" list out to folks with encouragement to use Amazon Smile with us as the non-profit?
Finances - Brian
- we have three months of expenses in the bank
- kim makes sure incoming board is aware of the cost of the 'annex'
- craig makes a promise to pay for annex out of pocket if things go awful.
- dustin brings up repurposing the annex.
- reiterated that the annex costs us and needs to break even.
Fundraising - Mike G.
Operations - Nate
- Craig reported issues with opening outside door, from the inside
- craig reports flipside's alarm has been going off.
- Landlord needs new board names for approved unlock requests - Nate will do
- OCT Stats:
- We currently have 2 coworkers, 13 standard, 13 reduced, 1 house hold, and 6 volunteers in good standing, 8 BYB, 2 Nostrum Spots, 2 Spark Spots.