Minutes:13 August 2014 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:21, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 13 August 2014 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:13 August 2014 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  • Meeting attendees: Dana, Larry, Zach, Nate Y
  • Meeting starts at: 19:26
  • Meeting ends at: 21:00

(15 min) Open For All!

  • No guests!

Standing Committee Reports (Outlined in p. 3 of Standing Rules)

Reports to be reviewed at the Board Meeting can be found here: [1]

  • Review last months Minutes for old action items.
  • Status of 2013 Taxes, Status of Sale License Application, Status of Skatepark Results & Reimbursements

(15 min) Financial - Zach S./Emilio T.

  • Filed 990N at the last GSD
  • We got a sales tax license - should start charging it on kits (and not membership or concessions)
  • Zach needs to talk with Emilio to get monthly status!
  • Zach needs to figure out TCF account signer status
  • Need to square up on Penguicon badges
  • Need to square up for last 2 Costco runs

(15 min) Governance - Nate Yost

  • Review AHA Governance Status (shared in advance)
  • Address Non-Membership Activities
    • Dana will update staff and non-member
  • How can we grow the membership?
    • Friday, September 19th AHA open house for students coming back to campus?
    • Float down the Huron river? Day after open house?
    • Add-on membership for Standard members suggested at $15/member. Need to clearly define "add-on", "kids", key policy, etc. Discuss on August 20th?
  • At next GSD put together meetup.com page with two or so events to promote?
  • Operations (under Governance)
    • Dana helping get keys made
    • Dana needs codes made for staff (Nate Y will help)
  • Guest intake process upgrade - Nate Y.
    • Quick summary: collect visitor's names, optionally ask for e-mail address to get our mailing list
  • Membership update: 48 total / 38 paying
    • With summer ending, some BYB members will be dropping

(15 min) Fundraising - Larry

  • Summarize Fund-raising report (shared in advance)

How can we restart the educational revenue stream?

Review Upcoming AHA Events.

  • We Make Health Fest - Nate Y.

Review Upcoming Classes (Slim pickings for August - who wants to take any of these for August? [2]

  • Space race at Elk's Lodge? (from Nate Y.)

(30 min) New Goals - Create the next 6 Months Goals - Board

How can we create a sustainable financial model to meet the vision of AHA of being Ann Arbor's Friendliest Hackerspace?

(15 min) Upcoming Business

  • Things to do at the next GSD (All Directors Should Participate)
    • Restart the newsletter!
  • November Board Candidates