Minutes:13 August 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- Meeting attendees: Dana, Larry, Zach, Nate Y
- Meeting starts at: 19:26
- Meeting ends at: 21:00
(15 min) Open For All!
- No guests!
Standing Committee Reports (Outlined in p. 3 of Standing Rules)
Reports to be reviewed at the Board Meeting can be found here: 
- Review last months Minutes for old action items.
- Status of 2013 Taxes, Status of Sale License Application, Status of Skatepark Results & Reimbursements
(15 min) Financial - Zach S./Emilio T.
- Filed 990N at the last GSD
- We got a sales tax license - should start charging it on kits (and not membership or concessions)
- Zach needs to talk with Emilio to get monthly status!
- Zach needs to figure out TCF account signer status
- Need to square up on Penguicon badges
- Need to square up for last 2 Costco runs
(15 min) Governance - Nate Yost
- Review AHA Governance Status (shared in advance)
- Address Non-Membership Activities
- Dana will update staff and non-member
- How can we grow the membership?
- Friday, September 19th AHA open house for students coming back to campus?
- Float down the Huron river? Day after open house?
- Add-on membership for Standard members suggested at $15/member. Need to clearly define "add-on", "kids", key policy, etc. Discuss on August 20th?
- At next GSD put together meetup.com page with two or so events to promote?
- Operations (under Governance)
- Dana helping get keys made
- Dana needs codes made for staff (Nate Y will help)
- Guest intake process upgrade - Nate Y.
- Quick summary: collect visitor's names, optionally ask for e-mail address to get our mailing list
- Membership update: 48 total / 38 paying
- With summer ending, some BYB members will be dropping
(15 min) Fundraising - Larry
- Summarize Fund-raising report (shared in advance)
How can we restart the educational revenue stream?
Review Upcoming AHA Events.
- We Make Health Fest - Nate Y.
Review Upcoming Classes (Slim pickings for August - who wants to take any of these for August? 
- Space race at Elk's Lodge? (from Nate Y.)
(30 min) New Goals - Create the next 6 Months Goals - Board
How can we create a sustainable financial model to meet the vision of AHA of being Ann Arbor's Friendliest Hackerspace?
(15 min) Upcoming Business
- Things to do at the next GSD (All Directors Should Participate)
- Restart the newsletter!
- November Board Candidates