Minutes:13 Jan 2016 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:20, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 13 Jan 2016 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:13 Jan 2016 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees: Nick R., Alex W., Alec M., Tyler S., Donnie J., Nate., John H.
  • Meeting starts at: 19:10
  • Meeting ends at: 20:46

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

Alec M. suggests that Alex W. may want to publish a protocol for people buying supplies for the space, and getting reimbursed.

Nate mentions long term buying-stuff-solution should be figured out.

John H. bring up kitchen, and a there is the sink thing too.

We have heard little from the person who volunteered for marketing (john green?)

Nate suggests another member get-together

Minutes Approval

  • December 2015 Board Minutes

4/5 approve (Greg Missing).


(90min) Standing Committee Reports

Financial - from Lauren W.

Alex W. presenting:

TCF account low, <100.

Transferring 3600 from paypal (available by 1/20/2016)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fmbk13srOtl-5DblZYgct01ZoksNxlRUwW5UzvENPNw/edit

Nate suggest that the rent is likely to go up a lot.

square sales are down.

One of the lockers has a slot, which can be used for money while till is figured out.

Discussion about inventory tracking

we might want to enter inventory into square, if we can.

Membership - Alex W.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14iUQ8V1YAWPGK5pzDr56t0QfSkR_4xkVR-m3i3Q0vJs/edit

We have more people again.

Fundraising - Greg G.

  • Monthly Fundraising Report - LINK HERE?

tyler S. there is a battery recycling guy who wants to give us money?


Governance - Donnie J.

Elections are in April

discussion of membership space renting.

alec m. suggests that we do want to make some kind of written outline of 'renting'.

nate suggest letting members approve spots as well, to not hinder other members.


Facilities =

desks have been rearranged. computers have been improved.

Boiler room is definitely off limits to members.

OS's on computers installed on each box. Keys are being upgraded.

LDAP server will be used for Users.

Adjustments may need to be made for accounts still.

requesting software currently goes through tyler w.

Alec M. would like at least one linux box, pi, etc.

Nate mentions VM's for linux could work.

Nick R. mentions kiosk mode.

Nick R. Laser is functional again. Needs more preventive maintenance. byb would like aha to pay for when new parts are needed. There is work to have LDAP logins and timing of use for the future.

The old laser cutter tube is still good.

Need to write down the laser tuning steps, ---in case nick R is run over---.

Volunteers - Tyler S.

some scheduled changes.

A new staff is being trained, a few shifts workers have swapped.

open sundays.

till empty on purpose.

nate suggests a process for restocking.

alec m. suggests preaproveal for restocking, or an upper $$$ limit.

A lot of cleaning has happened. the front desk materials are still taking up space.

A lot of these scraps are broken, or unusable.

There are concerns about a specific member's language used in the space.... This was witnessed by a board member and another member, and being discussed by the board.


Education/Classes/Events - Donnie J.

Holidays slowed things down.

Mini maker fair coming up. Too early to sign up, but we can start getting members interested in helping.

Eric O was interested in teaching the laser cutter class.

Makerfest and north quad is coming up.

Donnie would like to see more potlucks! Maybe even theme it!



(30m) Unfinished Business

* Carried over from previous Board Meeting.

  • August Items

ACTION ITEM - Nick R. will work with Tyler W., Nate Y., Brandon D., Alec M. for a user-account solution for computer log-ins. Tyler w. is well on the way to fixing this!


  • SEPTEMBER ITEMS
  • ACTION ITEM - From Alec M. - Election process needs to be documented clearly so members know the consequences of the point system.

Nate will document this in a central location for future Board Members. OR, use an alternative, more direct voting process. - Esty (topic for All-Members Meeting Sun. Aug. 23rd).

Esty says the email looks good. Nate will implement it as a wiki page.

  • ACTION ITEM - From Jacob M. - What about a "Bounty Board"? Put up in the space offering prizes for doing various duties in AHA (ie. prizes). Approved by 2 Board members. - Larry W.

Jacob is working on this now that the front desk area is done.

Need a new kiosk area up front. Nick will draw up some plans to hold the register drawer, and possibly the donation box.


(30m) New Business

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

Alec M. suggests that Alex W. may want to publish a protocol for people buying supplies for the space, and getting reimbursed.

Nate mentions long term buying-stuff-solution should be figured out.

John H. bring up kitchen, and a there is the sink thing too.

kitchen sink may be on the way.

there might be legacy kitchen funds somewhere?

maybe making parts, or reuse center.

Alec m. wants a manual off in addition to the back flow stop on the sink.

We have heard little from the person who volunteered for marketing (jon g?)

Nate suggests another member get-together

alec m. thinks we should check the back ally periodically, to make sure the ice stalactites doesn't break the internet again.