Minutes:14 AUG 2013 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:20, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 14 AUG 2013 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:14 AUG 2013 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Meeting starts at: ~19:25 Meeting attendees: Dana N., Josh W., Khevna S., Alex H., Nate Y., Bill R., Andrew S.

(15 min) - Open forum for all!

- Will Reith wants to help with new front door sign.
-- He needs resources, ie: Fonts, Logos, etc.,.

(10 min) - Financial Numbers - Andrew S.

- About the same as where we were last month. Major change: Summer Camp income was key. We would be significantly worse off without. - Having Jamie to communicate w/members about past due membership $ will help significantly - More workshops, classes, etc.

(05 min) - Finalize 501c3 App? - Nate Y., Josh W.?

- ### Josh W. will provide Nate with Ed's email address
- ### Nate Yost will pursue having Ed review the 501c3 by the end of next week.
- Once everything is prepared, email the list to let them know all we are missing is the $800 to submit the application.

(15 min) - Previous action items

- Solder Kits: Boards need to be programmed and then are available
-- We may need an AVR Dragon.
- ### 1) Can Alex Hatch let us borrow his AVR Dragon to program the Arduino Chips?
- ### 2) Saturday October 5th = Bootloader Hackathon for Solder Bages
- Accounting review with Andrew S.
-- ### Josh will harass Andrew about Pizza Date to be determined with Andrew as soon as he is settled in
-- ### Andrew has a goal to review and make QB awesome by end of September
- Member overview
-- ### Josh will talk with Jamie to continue facilitating ongoing memberships
- Oculus Rift / Game Makers
-- ### Khevna is coordinating with the AADL and The Game Makers for the Oculus Rift.
-- ### Can we get AHA to provide some staff, computers, and promoting AHA

(05 min) - Detroit Maker Faire Feedback

- We acquired about 200 scans + email addresses
-- Responded to ~25
- Over all event was great, good feedback from volunteers, good feedback from passer-byers
- ### Josh: Find someone to email everyone for DMF Madness
- Dana suggests we coordinate with 3D Printer people next year

(05 min) - AHA Mostly Closed Aug. 25th - Sep. 1st - Josh

- Sign up form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m4SOtd_IvXRCTqX7jRgV3FlCaqX9L2CQxsgJzQ5-HVM/viewform
- List of things to do: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atx4RIcqwUojdE5hT2FZMVRtTDRaWnZnSHI1SV9IS2c#gid=0
- Lots of things to work on!
- ### Josh Email the aha members mailing list an update about being closed
- ### Alex Hatch can be the BYB coordinator!
- ### Nate Y can coordinate the Door Lock Changes, even if he's out of town for awhile

(10 min) - Upcoming Membership Meeting - Josh W.

- Discuss proposed upcoming Membership Changes
- Get input on the August Revamp
- Get people to help out with August Revamp
- Proposal to do this once every two months!

(10 min) - New Membership Options - Josh W.

- General Overview of Proposed Changes
- Feedback!
- Dana, Andrew Segevac, Alex H., and Nate Y., Josh W. are all good to show

(10 min) - Open House Friday September 13th

- Day Before Thursday Tea Party to Promote
- Cookie Contest on Friday
- 3D Scanning
- Liquid Nitrogen
- Ice Cream Making?
- Chocolate Class?
- Tea & Biscuits Party?
- Invite specific groups before August 21st
-- ### Nate Y will invite A2Geeks via Bob Stack
-- ### Alex H will talk with CCS people ie: Amy, or someone at the Hands on Museum
-- ### Khevna will talk with Michigan Hackers
-- ### Dana will talk with Eli of the Ann Arbor District Library
-- ### Zach W. can he talk with Barracuda? 
-- ### Josh W. will invite The Neutral Zone
-- ### Josh W. will post a Facebook & AHA event for the open house the evening of August 15th
-- ### Josh W. will post a facebook & AHA event for the tea party the evening of August 15th

(05 min) - Share Summit - Khevna

Alex, Nate, Khevna went to the A2 Share Event!

Alex H: Great opportunity to purposely connect with other people in Ann Arbor

- Maker Works wants to do more with us
- Mantras & Missions are similar, but we're very separate.
Khevna: How we talk about the space:
- A consistent message.
- Mention key things that we do and want to do:
-- We make things
-- We share knowledge
-- We have projects for people
-- Learn by seeing what other projects are happening
- Can we come up with a basic message / points to mention?
- ### Nate can work on some talking points and share with the directors
- ### Khevna can share the list of "Things to bring to promote AHA"
- ### Khevna can put together a list of "Things to do before / leading up to an event promo"
- ### Alex H can have Business Cards finished and ready to print by September 1st

(05 min) - Donations Thank Yous?

- Money people donated for Computers
- General Donations, etc.,
- ### Nate will make this a part of the AHA Being Closed List of Things to Accomplish, ie: By September 1st thank yous will be sent out.

(02 min) - Google RISE!

### Dana will email the group the Google Rise info

Misc. Action Items

### Dana send Josh & Khevna access to form for parents to fill out

(02 min) - Why AHA is awesome!

Summer Camps, excited kids!

(01 min) - Landlord Update

- Slow. Tuesday August 20th we should have dates.
- We have started communicating with the company that owns the property, along with the property manager (Dena)

(01 min) - New Tool Fund

### Alex H will bring up new tool fund at the Member Meeting next week

The Action Items List - Consolidated

 -  Alex H can have Business Cards finished and ready to print by September 1st that we can use / take with us to new events.
 -  Alex H will bring up new tool fund at the Member Meeting next week
 -  Alex H will talk with CCS people ie: Amy, or someone at the Hands on Museum by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition
 -  Alex Hatch can be the BYB coordinator!
 -  Alex Hatch will let us borrow his AVR Dragon to program the Arduino Chips?
 -  Andrew has a goal to review and make QB awesome by end of September
 -  ?? Can we get AHA to provide some staff, computers, and promoting AHA (Oculus Rift Hackathon?)
 -  Dana send Josh & Khevna access to form for parents to fill out
 -  Dana will email the group the Google Rise info
 -  Dana will talk with Eli of the Ann Arbor District Library by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition
 -  Josh Email the aha members mailing list an update about being closed
 -  Josh W. will invite The Neutral Zone by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition
 -  Josh W. will post a Facebook & AHA event for the open house the evening of August 15th
 -  Josh W. will post a facebook & AHA event for the tea party the evening of August 15th
 -  Josh W. will provide Nate with Ed's email address
 -  Josh will harass Andrew about Pizza Date to be determined with Andrew as soon as he is settled in
 -  Josh will talk with Jamie to continue facilitating ongoing memberships
 -  Josh: Find someone to email everyone for DMF Madness
 -  Khevna can put together a list of "Things to do before / leading up to an event promo" that we can use / take with us to new events.
 -  Khevna can share the list of "Things to bring to promote AHA" that we can use / take with us to new events.
 -  Khevna is coordinating with the AADL and The Game Makers for the Oculus Rift.
 -  Khevna will talk with Michigan Hackers by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition
 -  Nate can work on some talking points and share with the directors that we can use / take with us to new events.
 -  Nate will help run a Saturday October 5th Bootloader Hackathon for Solder Bages
 -  Nate will make this a part of the "AHA Being Closed" List of Things to Accomplish, ie: By September 1st thank yous will be sent out.
 -  Nate Y can coordinate the Door Lock Changes, even if he's out of town for awhile
 -  Nate Y will invite A2Geeks via Bob Stack by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition (message via FB, awaiting response -- NY)
 -  Nate Yost will pursue having Ed review the 501c3 by the end of next week. (emailed, awaiting response -- NY)
 -  Zach W. can he talk with Barracuda? by August 21st to the All Hands Active Open House + Cookie Competition
 -  Khevna, Dana, Andrew Segevac, Alex H., and Nate Y., Josh W. are all good to show to Membership Event on Wednesday, August 21st
 - Additional Items beyond board meeting
 - - Michael G. will maintain AHA financials
 - - Dana will Update & Print September Monthly Event Listings
 - - Dana will send Survey out to Parents
 - - Dana will write update to donors for Arduino Summer Camp
 - - Josh will continue communicating with landlord over stench closure
 - - Josh will communicate with a lawyer re: stench closure
 - - Josh will continue coordinating work of AHA improvements to space post stench closure.
 - - Zach will communicate with another lawyer re: stench slosure
 - - Khevna & Josh will build out job board

Meeting ends at: 21:02