Minutes:18 Apr 2018 Board Meeting Agenda
|AHA Mission Statement|
|We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.|
- Meeting attendees: demure, nate, kim, henry,brian, kale, madelline.
- Meeting starts at: 1913
- Meeting ends at:
Board Meeting Protocol
* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.
* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.
(15m) Open For All
- All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.
- kale brings up screen printing class, and sink/way of cleaning screen printing cleaning.
- kale would like to teach a screen printing class, but we don't have a way to clean.
- current solution involves way to much hassle.
- kale says paint is not a hazmat.
- henry points out we don't have a drain in main space.
- demure suggests out side during warm months, using hose and plastic tuperware big enough to hold screen.
- kale points out that any INSIDE water carting is not very accessible to people. (weight)
- we don't know about water billing.
- demure things that any water hose in the space really needs a floor drain.
- we did note drain under outside stairs
- will ask land lord about temporary hose
- Madelline brought up pcon
- Yes, we approve.
Governance - Nate
- new board members win by default, as of tomorrow
Old stuff still on table:
- short term, card/sticker for proving laser qual
- long term pi+monitor that scans nfc cards and prints 24h + quals (demure)
- notes that our current system has SN collisions on card
- suggested edit to quorum definition (kim)
- If person unfilled/abstaining, use blank vote as with the majority.
- need to type out and propose formally. (kim)
- lets have each positioning have a google drive folder shared (demure)
Education/Events - Kim
- pcon (nate + nick?)
- may be a an issue.
- we may be able to use rhino badges as a stop gap.
- we should ~4 volunteer positions (so even more then four) on sat/sun.
- nate will also need help sorting parts into kits, for the new badges
- we need to email members about pcon
- we have ~250-300 of the old rhino badges, but need more solder.
- AADL is running mini maker fair, our form is submitted (kim)
- would use rhino badges, may need more if we use for pcon
- something jacob m. had talked to kim about a cardboard robot thing?
- if we get more badges, we will need to invoice AADL
- if aadl doesn't say yes, we will need to bow out.
- henry, may 22nd, more big brothers/big sisters stuff.
- they will pay us soon
- henry needs teacher assistants again, he will email members.
- kim says makerworks is also doing a tandy leather thingy
- we are in dire need of new core class teachers.
- we are try to get more teachers trained...
- nate will get us the the wordpress login
- BYB emailed us about upcoming intern plans.
- we are getting all member indoctrination packet worked on
- safety doc
- Code of conduct
- Helpful links
- google forum for feedback and issue reporting
- slack tutorial
- mailing list/calendar that point of contact from BYB employ will read.
- we need names/email of inters to premake LDAP accounts with cards.
- we try to have indoc day with interns
Old Stuff Still on table:
- demure could do chainmail, just needs funds to get it going.
- Nate needs to build a badge to gauge effort.
- Mike G likes the idea nate brought up, like i3's "wine and wiki"
- We will look at having such an event, and limiting drinks to the classroom.
- factory 2 collective maker meeting (kim handling)
- road trip!
- tandy leather class - masks (kim)
Finances - Brian
- we got Apr's BYB check
- We now have two months reserve
- we are buying a few replacement mats for the 3d printer
Fundraising - Henry(+Others?)
- have gotten designs for fancy laser cut class
- madline - we could volunteer at a marathon booth thing. this is on the 20th of may
Marketing/Outreach (Madeline officer)
- madeline wants to make a fancy flier
- first month free
- henry will look into feasibility, as demure expressed concerns.
- demure would like this to be a manual process
- demure points out we might be about to email special trial link
- first month free
- (kim) movie nights
- we will look at having a social media agitator service (demure)
- dine to donate
Operations - Nate
- we need a professional to just fix door and install weather proof box.
- very if that 12v actuates latch and that physical key still works
- we will look at LED lights for overhead lights, as we out of florescence bulbs
- we need to contact tyler, brian will contact him. kim, demure and henry can help for actual install
- password manager party will be figured out. (kim+henry+demure)
- will ask land lord about signage on back stairs.
- class room lights
- will ask tyler about his hammer drill (brian)
- April Stats:
- We currently have 3 coworkers, 17 standard, 15 reduced, 1 house hold, and 6 volunteers in good standing, 7 BYB.
- we have a prospective business member, interested in having a air compressor in the space.
- they would also have a test table
- brian/greg/nate met with then last tuesday
- big questions is can we handle power/noise/etc
- we are currently looking at if they could fit in the craftroom.
- we will inform members that we are going forward with compressor plans, and talk to landlord.
- (for nate) we need to ask possible tenant how many days a week they would be using space, and how many hours.