Minutes:20 Dec 2017 Board Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 21:24, 15 March 2020 by Daniel (talk | contribs) (Daniel moved page 20 Dec 2017 Board Meeting Agenda to Minutes:20 Dec 2017 Board Meeting Agenda without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees: Henry Marshall, Kim Burton, Demure, Brian Morse, nate
  • Meeting starts at: 19:05

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.

- Afternoon delight's plumber will likely contact landlord for plumbing access tomorrow, the 21st

- contacting landlord for maintenance, and about heat.

- google drive for membership, education?

- turning off allhandsactive.org google 'less secure' app setting

- We need to update AHA emergency contact list.


Minutes Approval

We all approve last two months minutes.


Governance - Nate

- We did an election, Yay!


Education/Events - Kim

- Kim just got account access

- Still wants to set up donation event

- We had a laser and vinyl cutting class this month, thanks Henry!

- Dan is doing a HAM radio class in January

- demure and Kim are starting to plan how a chainmail class would work.

- Henry reached out to BYB about a BBBS workshop with their kits, they would be willing to lend us kits

- Kim will be planing a basic computer safety class for young kids, 12-16.

- We will contact Cindy about her new organization wanting to use the space.

 - Talked about how to handle political groups.
 - We should figure out sit down with her.
 - We need to be careful that their politics do not appear as messages.
 - Do the zines in the window send a neutral message?
 - We may need to formalize policy.
 - We will add an message board for public, inner side of outside pillar.
 - Making things is good, but we can't be a base of operations.
 - We will contact Cindy to see if they can meet us in the first week of Jan

- Thank you Michael for having a class that generated donations!


Finances - Brian

- Brian now has bank access!

 - Alex still on account, Nick R is off, Larry is off.

- Planning finances member potlucks, aiming at Feb.

- Paypal is were most of our money comes in from.

- Nov has a lot of deposits due to back pay.

- BYB needs invoices before they can pay.

 - Will have conversation when Greg is in town again.

- Brian has print outs!!!

- demure asks how we see new members join?

- Regained account access to Zero, but need to pay to play again.

- Look at having paypal email a new board only googlegroup

- Verified stadium hardware standing.


Membership/Volunteers - demure

- We posted holiday hours!

- Will have sit down with Kim to work on On Boarding process for [all] new members.

 - Will see about doing this early Jan.

- Brian has statistics!

 - Nov: 13 Paid Regular, 14 Paid Reduced, 3 Coworking, 1 Business (Spark), 5 Volunteers.

- demure needs ldap access?

- Brian is the best!


Fundraising - Kim(+Others?)

- Jan will have discussions happen.

- Has done investigatory leg work

 - There are tons of makery stuff to work we could be involved with.
 - Festifools is one option!

- Super long term calander will be worked on!


Marketing/Outreach

- (moved to Jan) Kim will contact the University about whether any marketing people would want to have an internship for the space.


Operations - Nate

- Is on top of contacting landlord.

- Will work on lock in next few weeks.

- Need better outdoor rear door entrance.

 - And pointing at rear door from front.

- There is a bucket of salt by the out door stairs.

- Contact Nick R about 3d printer bed glass

- Fire Extinguishers


Equipment

- Fire extinguishers are out of date. Larry says they can be recertified at Spears. Brian will take care of this. Still in progress.

- Henry and Brian will put up the last cabinet in the coworking space.

- Brian will contact the landlord to make sure they only open the space for board members in the future. He will send this email after the new board is in place to minimize noise.


In progress

- Tyler was possibly going to work on the LDAP June 25th. Has this happened?


To Do

All

- Has there been a backups on all machines to NAS? Nate wants to know more about this, possible document on the Wiki. Henry will ask Tyler.

- [Has Bill Putt wired the] second patch panel to rack.

- Tyler has boxes, conduit, caps, wall hangers, and cables to expand the network, but needs help. Any volunteers? This should be shared with the larger membership. Demure and Nate will be available to help during the break.


Annex

Classroom

  • Mount projector.

Signage

> Nate wanted to mount a display [on the pole outside the space], how can we make this happen? Raspberry Pi (we have one), monitor (Henry has one), monitor mount (Larry has one), HDMI to DVI cable. Henry M. will email Larry about it. Something about a 21 inch brackets.