Minutes:8 Jul 2020

From All Hands Active Wiki
Revision as of 01:16, 10 July 2020 by JLDohm (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda

  • Announcements/new business - 5m
  • Dire Financial situation - 5m
  • lease renegotiation / other lease options - 10m
    • No word yet from Oxford on our most recent proposal. Joe will get in touch by phone. DONE
  • AHA Bank account - proposal to get Nate on the account. Will need to reach out to Mike to coordinate. Long-term might be nice to look into other banking options, such as credit unions.
  • plan for solvency: classes, members, sponsors-20m
    • James wants us to reach out to members to teach some simple classes (nothing super elaborate that requires a ton of planning)
    • Use the mailing list (mailchimp) to get more publicity
  • Online classes/call to do more - 5m
    • As above, reaching out to members to share their skills is critical a this point
    • Space improvement day - getting more people involved, having plenty of tasks that are easy to get started on with a shallow learning curve.
    • Reaching out to other orgs is a high priority. Lots are trying to figure out their next move, so this is a good time to reach out.
  • Tech items:
    • Wiki migration planning
  • How to add new members during COVID-19 - 10m
    • "Abbreviated" membership process -- get people into the shop, semi-supervised
    • Online classes to get people trained on machines

Decisions

  • Rent renegotiation

Action Items

  • Thing that needs to be done
    • People/Workgroups responsible
    • Deadline/Estimate
  • Reach out to Michael P. - Joe DONE
  • Add guide to wiki on "how to get started teaching a class" - James, by August
  • Friendly email/reach out to others in the building - Mike (PENDING)
  • Evaluate voting options on election process improvement thread - Nate, two months before the next election

Running List of Projects

Active Projects

  • rent negotiation
  • wiki migration
  • Online classes
    • infrastructure for running / promoting classes unclear
    • no classes run in June! Let's get things scheduled for July
      • Joe can run fusion 360 class
      • David idea for arduino class
      • Nate home automation class
    • Critical to do these since we have no other income at the moment, besides dues.
  • Volunteering
    • Need to get things running again, see if anyone would like to teach a class during the downtime
    • Start contacting volunteer/reduced rate folks by mid-next-week.
    • list of volunteering ideas started
    • How/if to track how much people are actually volunteering?
  • Finish Website
    • Joe added a few pages and closed some issues.
      • page to pay for classes
      • added payment option to membership page
      • added reservation form for access to the space
      • remove links to the gfm and add our own donation page
    • Someone could label issues as critical or not
  • Accounting
    • Stay with freshbooks or switch?
    • Use accounting software to track individual member payments? Joe's research says that Homeowners associations and German Club use this method. Both are billed yearly, however
    • Interim solutions: better spreadsheets with documentation

Inactive Projects

  • Marketing
    • social
    • newsletter
    • local publications etc
  • election system
  • Ongoing Wiki Maintinance
  • determine how new members can join during COVID-19
  • determine how people can qualify on new tools during COVID-19
    • Online/video class followed by brief in person qualification?
  • Find Sponsors
    • Have a clear idea of what we bring to the community

Future Projects

  • Social Events
  • Partner with scouts
  • How to increase diversity