Minutes:07 JUL 2012 Board Meeting Agenda
Ignore date above, this is the 11th of July 2012
1900 (7:00pm) at AHA happened.
In attendance: Josh, Ech0, Dana, Nate D, Nate Y, Eric
- Josh W.
** Josh doesn't have it yet. Will be done by 7.17
- June, July paid
- Eva made a 2-lesson learn-to-solder board; can Dana have board approval to get it made?
- Xander insists on a quote (and the P&L) before we throw money at it; Dana will get some quotes
- Everyone should have something on this
- Nate Y
- Nate D
- Josh W
- Michael S
- Jamison L
- Josh has contacted Lynn about the app; has not approached NEW
- Nate D did sit down w/ Dan, but Diablo III got in the way
** Echo is going to contact the U-M Law School Clinic to see what we can get ** Josh is going to get a hold of NEW to see what we can get
- Josh has been reviewing other hackerspaces' 501c3 apps; we should all look through them; look to the "activities" and "history" sections to compare our current app to theirs
** Everyone read through one of the other spaces' apps through by the end of the week; these other apps are linked to on the wiki page about our 501c3 application
- Day 3 completed so far; parents and kids are happy; seems that ArborWeb promotion was helpful
- Dana will start developing afterschool programs after this is done; Jaime is interested
*** Corey is going to see if he can get a hold of U-M resources
Maker Faire Detroit Status
- Nate D needs computers
- Dana and Xander are working out these details after this meeting
- Nate Y: give me ideas
** Dana is going to send out classes info by Sunday
- Project mapping workshop happened
- Dogfort is getting sexy
** Notacon write-up: Corey and Ech0
- Josh W.
- Previous accepted proposal: To spend money as set forth by MSh, with the corollary that we look into reducing the cost by doing it sequentially or finding other parts. Spend up to 750$ on a ventilation system to be installed over the next several months.
- Need to set aside a few solid days to make this happen
- Need to clarify funding options with Shvartsman (ie: He had expressed interest prior in doing a loan)
** Josh is communicating with landlord about where we can vent to
- Josh W.
- Membership: Dan membership / leather tools
- Dogfort: Bulk of work complete
- Ventilation (see above)
- What's next?
- BF Summer Wrapping Up
- AADL Fall Planning
- Troy Library Fall Planning
- Dana Workshops
*** Talk with Xander re: meeting regularly
- Send email out before Sunday
- Sending out emails to reclaim fobs
- With no response after X time - security deposit is to be reclaimed
- Cleaning out lockers
- Keeping updated membership document, who has paid
- Who can do this, Jenn will one day run away!
- Preferably before August
** Ask Jenn if she has anyone she would like to nominate
- Josh: Ask Jess if she's willing to take over
- Ask the general list if someone wants the position
- Who's been fulfilling her roll