Minutes:08 OCT 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meeting attendees: Ken, Zach, Nate, Larry
- Meeting starts at: 19:22
- Meeting ends at:
(15 min) Open For All!
Standing Committee Reports (Outlined in p. 3 of Standing Rules)
(15 min) Financial - Zach S.
- October obligations met!
- Need to square up with BYB
- November is looking good, pending squaring up with BYB
- Articles of Incorporation overdue and need to be completed. Pick new "officers", send it in.
(30 min) Governance - Nate Yost
- Moving forward with the back rooms/storage policies.
- eBay for Giving update/next steps for Carol K.
- U of M Circle K volunteers (runs Nov. 15 - 18) -- what might we have them do?
- Painting, teaching a class?
- Group use of the space (specifically prompted by Sewist Crafters Makers' request to use the space for their meetings)
- Ideal situation: one person in the group is an AHA member, let's people in, makes sure the space is shut
- Intern via D-SIP? (HT Xander) -- Application due by Oct 22 12PM.
- Insurance stuff-value assessment -- a request for help.
- Do during GSD? Email membership to help with GSD?
- Ideas to stimulate Board nominations.
(15 min) Fundraising - Larry
- Enlisting the help of Aubrey O. for marketing. What can we get her started on?
- Promoting classes? Raising awareness of the space? Monthly newsletter?
- Ken L. to update the group on when he can demo Salesforce.
- Household membership - passed unanimously!
- Ken L. app competition for non-profits
- Talk to Detroit Labs about company membership?
(20 min) Upcoming Business
- GameStartSchool event blurb (Oct 11, 2014)
- Washtenaw County Maker Meeting (Oct 18, 2014)
- A2 Ignite (Nov 7, 2014)
- Restart the newsletter! Who can we find to help with this?
- Server upgrade blurb.
- Nate's Board farewell/debriefing/notes on communication/transition of duties plan.
- This year has been incredible!
- Be better at responding to email!