Minutes:09 Dec 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
|AHA Mission Statement|
|We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.|
- Meeting attendees: Donnie J., Lauren W., Nick R., Steve, Alex W., Alec M., Tyler S., Esty T., Nate Y., Jon
- Meeting starts at: 19:10
- Meeting ends at: 20:20
Board Meeting Protocol
* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.
* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.
(15m) Open For All
- All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.
Alec wants to consider attendance of Board Members, feels that Greg is not present enough for a Board Member. Would like to know if he's still interested in helping AHA; if not, should we find someone to replace him.
Jon is a new face, is interested in helping with marketing for AHA. Jon will reach out to the Board/Nate Y. to get started.
Steve mentions the upcoming Freenet hackathon on the 19th and 20th. Would like us to put in the event on the webpage and the google calendar. Nate Y. will enter these events into the google calendar.
- November 2015 Board Minutes
4/5 approve (Greg missing).
Assigning Board roles
Donnie picks up Governance.
Nick picks up Ops.
Alex gets membership.
Esty reassigned email roles to these new members, except membership -- Nate will do that.
(90min) Standing Committee Reports
Financial - from Lauren W.
- Dec 2015 P&L - Lauren will send these to us after the meeting.
~$4000 in the bank, including paid rent/utilities. No real profit or loss this month.
Going to reach out to Greg to see about helping with grants.
Lauren wants to periodically meet with chairs for membership, volunteers, and education.
Fundraising - Greg G.
- Monthly Fundraising Report - LINK HERE?
Governance - Donnie J.
Volunteers - Tyler S.
Front desk is gone!
Sunday open now, and is probably the second-most popular day.
Possible person who would like to teach a class on molding.
Nate will update the process to get a class started, and to add it to the calendar.
Need to update hours open to include Sunday. -- Nate Y.
Education/Classes/Events - Donnie J.
Donnie reports a very good turnout for the Arduino class, well attended by around 10 youngsters.
(30m) Unfinished Business
* Carried over from previous Board Meeting.
- August Items
ACTION ITEM - Nick R. will work with Tyler W., Nate Y., Brandon D., Alec M. for a user-account solution for computer log-ins.
Tyler W. is actively working on this. Looking for input on how to do this -- probably doing an LDAP-style thing. Wants a list of commonly-used programs to replace after the computers are wiped.
- SEPTEMBER ITEMS
- ACTION ITEM - From Alec M. - Election process needs to be documented clearly so members know the consequences of the point system.
Nate will document this in a central location for future Board Members. OR, use an alternative, more direct voting process. - Esty (topic for All-Members Meeting Sun. Aug. 23rd).
Esty says the email looks good. Nate will implement it as a wiki page.
- ACTION ITEM - From Jacob M. - What about a "Bounty Board"? Put up in the space offering prizes for doing various duties in AHA (ie. prizes). Approved by 2 Board members. - Larry W.
Jacob is working on this now that the front desk area is done.
(30m) New Business
Need a new kiosk area up front. Nick will draw up some plans to hold the register drawer, and possibly the donation box.