Minutes:09 FEB 2022 Members Meeting Agenda

From All Hands Active Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting begins: 1920

Meeting ends: 2005

Participants: Nate Y., Jeremy H., Andrew C., David G., James K., Victoria W.


  • Announcements/new business - 10m
  • Operations
  • Financial - 5m - Joe
  • Membership - 5m - Joe
  • Education
  • Old business


  • Announcements/new business:
  • Operations:
    • Door/Access completion - James & Nate to discuss moving forward on 2/19 open hours.
    • James: All network equipment has been transferred to the new rack. Still some cabling needed, but close to being able to anchor rack into the floor. Also Dell server from the classroom.
    • Co-working prices: we have had requests for co-working arrangement. James suggests similar price as our last tenant, could also look into other local co-working space prices for dedicated desks. Needs discussion soon, but no timeline was set.
    • Andrew: Cleanup of storage room? James: doesn't honestly know what is useful for AHA, and what can be clearly trashed. Andrew has volunteered himself to be the arbiter of what is junk in the room.
  • Membership:
    • No update available today, perhaps coming soon!
    • Membership drive/new rates - James, in time for April meeting, to go into effect sometime in May. Will send emails about it prior to the April meeting.
  • Outreach:
    • Maker Show & Tell survey - David
      • Wants to ask people who have attended Maker Show & Tell about their experience, would they be OK with recording the event, do they prefer to participate or just watch, etc.
    • Email blast with fundraiser update - James & Nate (for this Saturday)
  • Education:
    • 3D printer documentation, basic class materials, getting second printer running
      • Set up a dedicated PC for running the 3D printers - James (or anyone else?)

Old Business:

  • Operations:
    • What to do with the money we raised? - Joe
      • Can we come up with a process to define the process (Matrix, email blast) from members on how we use the money, how to improve AHA, moonshot ideas! Create a budget, earmark money for operations/bigger plans.
    • Nate will sit down with volunteers to expand/freshen job board
  • Financial:
    • Joe will update Freshbooks for 2021 by Sunday
  • Membership:
  • Outreach:
    • Emails talking about our fundraiser (how it went, what we might do with this money, invitation to add ideas at a future meeting -- what date?) - James
    • Expand this email to start the habit of doing a monthly update?
    • Nate will write up a draft by next week, including a mention of t-shirts for those hosting events.
  • Education: