Minutes:10 Feb 2016 Board Meeting Agenda
|AHA Mission Statement|
|We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.|
- Meeting attendees: Nick R., Alex W., Alec M., Esty T., Nate Y., John H., Greg G.
- Meeting starts at: 19:20
- Meeting ends at: 21:00
Board Meeting Protocol
* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.
* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.
(15m) Open For All
- All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.
Esty points out Greg is absent again. Is a problem.
Alec would like to put something else on the blog front page so it doesn't appear that we are closed. Nate Y. is willing to help anyone who wants to post new content on the blog -- project showcase, reviews on makery things, reposted cool articles, what's going on at AHA?
John H. has been telling people that we are going to be moving imminently.
- January 2016 Board Minutes
Only 3 Directors present, can't approve.
(90min) Standing Committee Reports
Financial - from Alex W.
$3K in TCF, another $3K in PayPal.
Funds are in good shape due to annual member renewals.
Greg would like to change the invoices to allow for direct payment.
Alex wants to use Square for the classes.
Membership - Alex W.
Roughly holding steady this month.
Fundraising - Greg G.
- Monthly Fundraising Report - LINK HERE?
We approval to be the Charity of Honor at Penguicon 2016.
Starting a Gofundme project for relocation expenses
Greg is talking with other companies in the area to see if anyone would like to work with us in our new space, e.g. using laser cutter.
Greg is meeting with SPARK tomorrow to discuss possibilities of using AHA as a hardware incubator space, possible cross-over with AHA members working with incubated companies.
Governance - Donnie J.
Donnie is absent.
Facilities - Nick R.
Nick has nothing to report about the current space.
Lots of work being done in Sylvia's space still, common hallway is a mess.
Nick has been working with Tyler W. on the plans/layout for the new space.
We have access to the prospective new space's architectural drawings; have updated the floor plan model to reflect these.
Three PCs have been moved over to Windows 10. A couple more will be moving over shortly.
Greg has not heard back from Oxford about the prospective new space. Still not a certainty that we can actually move in to that location, but the other room is still an option. No other prospective spaces on the list, but we all agree we should keep feelers out there.
Volunteers - Alex W.
Chris talked with Chris, very few people come in Thursday or Friday. Saturday and Sunday don't seem to get many either, but it's hard to obtain solid numbers due to no way to track how many people come in.
We need some kind of logbook/form to track volunteer hours.
John H. suggests a very simple system to click a button to count people coming in. Details are preferably entered in an online form.
Greg would like to capture name/email. He wants to see a Board or Officer position for marketing.
Alec would like to know if we can make a decision on filling Tyler S.'s Board position. Greg wants to see Augustine's CV -- Tyler W. already sent his to the Member List.
Education/Classes/Events - Donnie J.
(30m) Unfinished Business
- Alec M. suggests that Alex W. may want to publish a protocol for people buying supplies for the space, and getting reimbursed.
- Greg says Xero has a way to do this with their app. Finance person needs to approve before a purchase is made.
- Nate mentions long term buying-stuff-solution should be figured out.
- Costco might be able to deliver for free according to Greg. We need to figure out if we can control the timing of the delivery.
- John H. bring up kitchen, and a there is the sink thing too.
- Irrelevant now!
- kitchen sink may be on the way.
- Irrelevant now!
- there might be legacy kitchen funds somewhere?
- Rolling whatever funds were here into the new space.
- maybe making parts, or reuse center.
- Irrelevant until we get a new space.
- Alec m. wants a manual off in addition to the back flow stop on the sink.
- We have heard little from the person who volunteered for marketing (jon g?)
- Nate reports that Jon is no longer interested.
- Nate suggests another member get-together
- Postponed due to moving planning!
- alec m. thinks we should check the back ally periodically, to make sure the ice stalactites doesn't break the internet again.
- Mostly irrelevant
(30m) New Business
- All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.
Greg mentions working with AADL to run classes which create dust/smoke/etc.
Esty has connections with JStor, would like to see if we can get any sort of partnership with them.
John H.'s dad would like to have an AHA member come into a ACS meeting to talk about AHA.
Greg has dealt with the behavioral issues with a certain member, given a final warning to this person not to yell or lose their temper.
A member has been documented sleeping in the space -- Greg proposes a written/signed reprimand telling them to not continue that behavior.
Alec wants to have some kind of long-term agenda of "things to do" (recurring events), viewable in the minutes.
Greg suggests bringing members into the Google Apps setup as users. Membership Director would periodically curate this list to the current members.
Mythbusters(?) are planning on doing some filming with BYB on the 2/26, partially at AHA.
Nick R. mentions the Milan R/C Club has restarted, trying to get a non-profit status. Nick would like to see some cross-pollination between these groups. Interesting things coming up with that group includes a drone racing track.
Concern about people not paying for drinks. How do we track this better? We could use cameras at the fridge to see who is taking vs. buying.
Greg asks about laser cutter use tracking. People are not using the log book reliably. Nick proposes using the LDAP computer logins to help with this tracking.
Related to laser, the short-term action item is to print the updated instructions for the laser cutter, and a new logbook for people to sign in. Also Nick will add hardware to keep track of laser use time.
Nate will fill in details about the website move.