Minutes:12 NOV 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meeting attendees: Zach, Jon, Nick, Ken, Nate Y
- Meeting starts at: 19:05
- Meeting ends at: 20:05
(15 min) Open For All!
- Bill found a power supply for the HP laptop, we can use it for the laser cutter in the back
Standing Committee Reports (Outlined in p. 3 of Standing Rules)
(15 min) Financial - Zach S.
- Pretty much broke even for the month of October
- Do we have any funds pledged from the open house we need to collect on?
- Does Larry want to be a signer on the TCF account?
(30 min) Governance - Nate Y -> Ken
- What does the governance position do?
- Run elections
- Check the email@example.com email account
- ... look for details in Google Docs
Facilities - Nick
- What does facilities do?
- Get keys to people
- Maybe membership as well?
- Machine maintenance
Staff - Jon
- Wants to meet with staff to see how things are going, figure out responsibilities
- Possibly answering questions from IRC, Facebook (group and page), GMail account...
(15 min) Fundraising - Larry
(20 min) Upcoming Business
- Next GSD Sunday, Nov 23rd - 3 PM
- Vision exercise!
- Ken - we should be surface-mount savvy
- Ken - we should have the CNC machine up and running
- Nick - pick-and-place machine!
- Zach - I'd like to see us above ground
- Nate - close collaboration with UMSI
- Zach - I'd like to see $1k buffer
- Zach - more regular classes for financial stability and meeting our non-profit mission
- Jon - more outreach, more flyers, letting the community know we're are
- Ken - post events on meetup.com, more social events
- Nate - a social space, a "third place"
- Zach - Geeks in the woods
- Nate - DIY holidy party
- Zach - Kickstart AHA in to a new space!
- Zach - investigate double-entry bookkeeping
- Zach - get TCF check card set up, figure out if Larry wants to be added a signer
- Nate - come up with a list of communication channels
- Jon - contact staff, make sure all current staff is on the list
- Nick - contact Larry, go over membership
- Ken - work on Salesforce with Nate