Minutes:10 May 2017 Board Meeting Agenda: Difference between revisions

From All Hands Active Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 153: Line 153:


When can there be a training for Volunteers/Board to make ID cards? Who can teach it?
When can there be a training for Volunteers/Board to make ID cards? Who can teach it?
- Today after board meeting. Tyler can, takes ~10 minutes to teach. Ideally it's just for board members since the operations person needs to be the verify they have met all requirements before granting 24/7 access.


> Tyler is working on [a document on how to close the shop] and hopes to have it posted during the week of 4/17.
> Tyler is working on [a document on how to close the shop] and hopes to have it posted during the week of 4/17.

Revision as of 20:35, 10 May 2017

AHA Mission Statement
We seek to establish, build, and support a collective of individuals organized around the principles of community-driven education in the arts and sciences, and to ensure ready access to the tools needed to pursue the realization of those principles.

  • Meeting attendees:
  • Meeting starts at:
  • Meeting ends at:

Board Meeting Protocol

* Standing Committee Reports - Individual Updates by Assigned Director/Officer presented in the time allotted.

* Open Time: For anyone to bring anything up to the Board. IF the Board agrees the item requires action, it will be put into New Business and addressed at the end of the meeting.

(15m) Open For All

  • All Are Worthy. All Are Welcome.


Minutes Approval

  • Feb 2017 Board Minutes
  • Mar 2017 Board Minutes
  • Apr 2017 Board Minutes

Governance - Collective Ownership

Sarah, is your AHA email working?

Is everyone clear on new responsibilities?

What should be the procedure when people can't make it to a board meeting?

Henry Marshall added the new board to the Board page, but didn't know the date of the next election. Has it been determined? If so, what is it?

The last board had a resignation part way through the term which led to certain responsibilities being unaddressed. Is there a mechanism to prevent this problem in the future?

Henry Marshall would like to suggest an action item overview at the end of the meeting.

Education/Events - Henry Marshall

Rhino badges arrived. Do we have all the necessary components?

{{Larry will get in touch with his CPA friend Ken Shana about [paying teachers] post-tax-season.}} Status update on Ken Shana

> Nate said he would get back to Katie from Brain Monkeys with all details of class. Status update on Brain Monkeys

> [Nate was to] send Larry details on class rental fees. If Larry is present, is everything clarified?

Classes Taught in the last month: ____

> Stadium is interested in possibly hosting classes on how to fix your house stuff. Status report

Schedule for core classes:

  • 3D Printer
  • CNC
  • Laser Cutter
  • Vinyl Cutter
  • Basic shop skills
  • Soldering

> After [first robotics competitions] are done, we'll extend invitations... Are competitions done? Has that been done? Product owner?

Finances/Membership - Alex White

Money earned from Penguicon badge sales: ____

> Larry will check [status of tax free account at Stadium Hardware] Status Report

> Paypal is actually a little cheaper than Rerun... How much cheaper? Are we moving to Paypal? What is the status of this?

Membership changes for this month:

  • Standard:
  • Reduced:
  • Volunteers:
  • Co-working:
  • Spark:
  • BYB:

Can the above form be amended to include absolute numbers as well as the changes from last month.

Membership figures for the last two months were never recorded, what are they? March

  • Standard:
  • Reduced:
  • Volunteers:
  • Co-working:
  • Spark:
  • BYB:

April

  • Standard:
  • Reduced:
  • Volunteers:
  • Co-working:
  • Spark:
  • BYB:

Many outstanding payments were recovered during the board elections. How much was collected? Is this reflected in the above numbers?

Has a receipt and thank you letter been sent to Thomas Bowes? He was considering a second donation, and I want him to have a positive first experience.

> Alex was going to get back to Donnie about Square Cash. Alex is waiting for response from Donnie. Still waiting. Status Report

We made: Expenses: In Bank: Emergency fund (in months):

> Alex will [call DTE regarding meter numbers] by next week. Status Report

For the sake of new board members, how do we pay for things? Is there an AHA credit card?

Fundraising - Nate Yost

Status of Menlo, NIH, and Google grants?

How much was raised through the sale of badges at the Penguicon?

Are there any upcoming events we want to sell stuff at?

Marketing/Outreach - Sarah Lynn

Google Adwords

  • Handoff of Google contact information to Sarah
  • Is there a place where we can log ideas for adwords? Perhaps a wiki page?

Marketing Email Updates

Contents of May email blast? Date it can be published?

> Nate Yost working with Florencia E. on a monthly newsletter. Status report. Can this contact be handed over to Sarah.

>Greg suggested Maker profiles (Example Mike Grube) for our teachers in the news letter. Will Sarah be pursuing this idea?

> YpsiAlloy is another group Larry met some members from, want to start a foundry in Ypsi. He will be in contact? Status Report

> Mark Maynard is contact [for Art coworking in Ypsi]. Larry is the person [contacting them]. Status Report

Operations/Volunteers - Brian Morse

When can there be a training for Volunteers/Board to make ID cards? Who can teach it? - Today after board meeting. Tyler can, takes ~10 minutes to teach. Ideally it's just for board members since the operations person needs to be the verify they have met all requirements before granting 24/7 access.

> Tyler is working on [a document on how to close the shop] and hopes to have it posted during the week of 4/17. Is it up? Where is it? Does Pritpaul (the proginator of this request) know?

- This is done. Tested initial draft and found issues. Reprinted and will be posted evening of 5/10/17. Tyler communicated to Pritpaul that he had a draft and after testing and posting would communicate to him that it is done.

Tyler suggested we have a single POC for the building Manager? Who will it be? Do they have the necessary information?

Jacob knows Michael from an organization interested in volunteering with AHA. Henry Marshall has the contact info, but has not reached out.

Changing Internet Provider

Who is the admin for this wiki? Could we add markdown support with this extension? - Nate

Who is the administrator for the website? - Nate

Changing nest cameras to a local solution

Volunteer Hours

Track volunteer hours at AHA Troy and Chris are volunteering primarily on Saturday, can Alex sign off on their work? If not, can a board member volunteer to be there? Do they have the contact information? They wanted to have a consistent POC, any volunteers?

Equipment

Henry Marshall bought a replacement laser printer at Property Disposition and will place it on indefinite loan to the space. We need to buy ink, it should be ~$100, but we cannot confirm with certainty the printer will work.

> Going to investigate and figure out where we'd normally store [a rolling tool wall]. Larry got a rolling display setup that has pegboard on it, could be used for this? Status report

> Tyler purchased cabinets for sewing/craft room... Eta is end of April. No help needed bringing them in. I'm resurfacing and painting them. If we really want them now, I can deliver them immediately but then will not complete the refinishing. You'd need to hang them as is. Not positive on ETA, weather has been too rainy/cold for drying to work well. Once it's a bit warmer again I can give a better ETA.

> Fire Safety - Breaker box behind laser cutter is continually blocked. We need to maintain access to this.

Electricals in Classroom

> Pick and place is ready to be wired up if people are interested. Status Report

Radioshack bins Status Report

In progress

> NAS - Investigated problem with LDAP users not able to change passwords. Contacted Synology support and am working to resolve it with them. No fix yet in last 2 patches. Status Report. Is there a workaround?

Done this month

Bill moved hist stuff to the classroom and is still sorting it. Does he need help with delivery?

To Do

All

> Need to track down the SawZall. It appears to be missing along with the blades for it.

> Sewing machine - 1 in need of repair or getting tossed

> Website new - Collecting photos for stream of projects happening at AHA. Source: https://github.com/tsworman/AHA-Website2

> Internet - ACD can deliver site service. We need to decide on what package and when we want to do it and get back to them.

> Run backups on all machines to NAS.

> Eliminate wireless from the current router and switch to logged Ubiquiti with 2 SSID for members and non-members..

> Add second patch panel to rack, we have more than 24 lines with the new classroom and additional access points.

> Swap switch for 48 port.

> Fix cameras - Greg has more, Nate brought in more and one of the older cams is dead. Greg gave Tyler permission to check on it's power connector.

Annex

> Waiting on Zach with kitchen equipment and cabinets. Status Report > Nate will get in touch with [regarding removing batteries from the annex]. Status Report

Classroom

  • Light switches
  • Run ethernet drops
  • Add electric on wall.
  • Clean floor
  • Mount new whiteboard
  • Purchase 2nd pack of whiteboard markers for here
  • Setup mold making equipment??
  • Mount projector.

Signage

> We need to get [the new logo] made on the vinyl cutter and installed.

  • What colors do we need?
  • Do we have the appropriate vinyl in stock?
  • Can we use BYB vinyl?
  • Will someone volunteer to do the cuts?

> Nate will share [the logo files] with other members. We don't have the original files. Greg was going to get them but I believe has only sent a PDF to date.

Where can I find this? Do we have vector files? Does Sarah want to modify them?

> Nate wanted to mount a display [on the pole outside the space], how can we make this happen?

Storage policy

> Alex W. drafted a Storage / Clean Tabletop Policy Where is it? Is it still being finalized? Can it be printed and hung?

> Alex has printed out parking permits for existing projects Where are they? How are they delivered? Have old projects been granted them? Have their PO's been contacted?

> Working on Locker policy and amount to charge for long term storage. Status report