Second Day on the Grind
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Ooooh, you're still here!
- 2 What should I know / have done by the end of today?
Ooooh, you're still here!
Rock on, today should be a little less grunt like. If it's not too busy, hopefully you'll learn how to use some cool tools : ) Thanks again!
What should I know / have done by the end of today?
Explain what our upcoming events are
- AHA Google Calendar (always the Master)
- AHA Website Events Page (should match calendar...)
- If you want to help run an event! THIS COULD USE SOME VOLUNTEER ATTENTION (Contact Larry if interested).
Explaining to someone how to become a member of AHA
This process needs some serious attention
Skim over the First Day Wiki
Have read over this page
Learned how to use one of the following tools
- 2 Hours: Small LASER Cutter - Okay to learn with additional staff
- 2 Hours: BIG LASER Cutter - Okay to learn with Nick Ristow (resident guru)
- 3 Hours: 3D Printer - Okay to learn with additional staff
- 2 Hours: CNC Router - Must be taught by Tyler W. or Nate Y.
- 1 Hour: Soldering Iron - Can be done on your own, have fun and don't burn down AHA :)
- 1 Hour: Arduino Microcontroller - Can be done on your own, have fun and consider updating the Fairy Door Arduino!
- 1 Hour: Sewing Machine - Can be done on your own, good luck!
Made something beautiful
- Here are some ideas. These are just suggestions, feel free to make something else beautiful
- * .5 Hour: Lending Library / Display area (always needs straightening/updating)
- * ~?Hour?: Fairy Door (could use some love)
- * .5 Hour: Front Entrance (is always in need of a good vacuuming, and people are always rubbing their grubby fingers on the glass)
- * .5 Hour: Bathrooms (can never be clean enough)
- * ~?Hour?: Computer Area (cables are always in need of untangling)
- * .5 Hour: Shop Floor (loves the broom, make it purr)
- * .5 Hour: Make the internet a more beautiful place by making a 3D Scan of yourself and sharing it online.